Monday, October 7, 2013

My first Nomiku meal!

My first Nomiku centric meal.  The chicken breast, carrots and potatoes were all cooked with my new Nomiku.  For the chicken breast, I made a marinade with equal parts ponzu, soy sauce and fish sauce.  To that I added some powdered ginger, granulated garlic and seasoned pepper.  The carrots were peeled and bagged with some dill weed, lemon zest salt and butter.  For the potatoes I just cleaned them and bagged with crushed garlic, butter, salt and pepper.  I pierced each potato with a fork to allow the flavor to penetrate.  The carrots and potatoes were cooked at 85°C for 45 minutes, then allowed to cool for about 10 minutes before being put in an ice bath to chill.  Later in the day, the chicken breasts were cooked at 65.6°C for 45 minutes.  After the chicken was removed to cool the carrots and potatoes were put in the bath to retherm.  To serve the carrots and potatoes were put on a foil lined baking sheet and roasted in a hot oven to dry out a little.  The chicken breast was put over a screaming hot charcoal fire to sear.  Also served was some freshly baked bread (100% flour, 66% water, 2% honey, 0.75% active dry yeast, 2% salt) and grilled portobello mushroom caps that were doused with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and cooked on the grill.  Since it is fall I grabbed some oak leaves from the patio and threw them on the fire to smoke the mushrooms.  Very nice meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment